Monday, August 3, 2015

Best Brownie Recipe EVER.

Hi again-

I just put a batch of brownies in the oven to bring to Cale, since they have a meeting tonight at work.  I have tried quite a few good brownies in my life, but my mom's recipe is absolutely the bee's knees.  I don't know where she got it, but here it is:

FUDGEY BROWNIES

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/2 teasp baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup boiling water (measure accurately)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 teasp salt


Stir cocoa and baking soda in mixing bowl.
Blend in 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
Add boiling water; stir until moisture thickens.
Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup vegetable oil; stir until smooth.
Add flour, vanilla, and salt, blending completely.
Pour into lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan OR two 8" square pans.

Bake at 350 degrees-
13"x9"- 35-40 minutes
two 8"- 30-32 minutes

I have only made it using the 13x9.  They come out with a nice crust on top, super chocolately and dense on the inside.  My favorite are the corners!!!  I do NOT add frosting to the top because that's stupid.  :)
Me and my mom, Rose, last summer

No comments:

Post a Comment