Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Last weekend didn't pan out exactly as planned.  Molly had that weird infection (and was cranky) and Cale ended up having strep throat.  Beautiful weather, and we didn't get to take advantage as much as I had hoped.  But, we all still got out and enjoyed ourselves a little.

The apple cake is now pretty much gone :)

The stupid pumpkin chocolate chip bread still hasn't been made, but I am DETERMINED to make this happen tonight!!!  Pumpkin + chocolate = amazing!!!

Here's some photos from our latest adventures..

 This is the amazing apple cake.  It was super delicious.  The recipe I ended up actually using was this.


 The ice cream truck came!!!  Although my girls argue with me that it's not the ice cream truck, it's the popsicle truck.




Ok, so the random picture of spaghetti and sauce:  I finally made a really easy, but super delicious sauce.  I'm half Italian, and I've never been great at it.  I had tried a few recipes lately, determined to learn how to make my own sauce that I could make weekly, and none of them came out great (no thanks to you, Mario Batali!)

This is what I did, and it seriously came out super phenomenal:

1 28-oz can tuttorosso whole peeled tomatoes
1 28-oz can tuttorosso tomato sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (and by fresh I mean about a week old, starting to brown :)
1 whole yellow onion, chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sugar
Some dried oregano and basil and olive oil

I put some olive oil in the pot, cooked the onion and garlic for 6 minutes or so, so the onions became translucent.  Also known as when I got the baby to stop crying.  Then I added everything else, stirred it around, and cooked it for an hour or so.  Then I used my brand new immersion blender and blended that mother until it was smooth.  It was thick, smooth, delicious, and tasted fresh, and EASY to make!  Yay!  Sauce is not rocket science, but we all learn at different speeds :)

Bring on October!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment